The Conformity Assessment and Consumer Protection Laboratory
Head of the laboratory
Svetlana A. Vekovshinina
Providing scientific and methodical support to conformity assessment and consumer protection:
- research on consumer protection issues, related to damage to a consumer’s health;
- health safety assessment of services and various goods, as well as technical and industrial products, food or goods for personal or household use, when they are produced, transported, stored and sold;
- the development of algorithms and methods for the collection, storage and processing of data on cases of damage to human health, caused by goods* or services** of improper quality or those provided in violation of The Russian Federation legislation;
- the determination of cause-effect relationships between human health and the quality of goods or services;
- the assessment of the nature and scale of the damage to a consumer’s health due to defective goods or services;
- the scientific substantiation of methods and criteria for economic damage assessment due to damage to human health, caused by goods or services of improper quality or those provided in violation of The Russian Federation legislation;
- the development and improvement of draft regulations, methodical guidelines and other documents for the institutions of the Federal Service on Customers’ Rights Protection and Human Well-Being Surveillance in the field of customer protection;
- the compliance of goods and services, including municipal engineering services, catering, trade, healthcare, etc., with the Russian Federation legislation requirements, voluntary certification requirements and other requirements (product and service identification).
*Goods: technical and industrial products, food or goods for personal or household use, as well as their production, transportation, storage and sales (including raw food, food additives, food supplements, perfumes, cosmetics, medicines, household chemicals and other goods);
**Services: municipal engineering services (hot and cold water supply, waste disposal, sewage collection and disposal, lighting, noise and vibration levels, residential indoor air quality), catering, trade, healthcare, etc.