- Outpatient Department (82 Ordzhonikidze St; 35C Vstrechnaya St)
- Adult Inpatient Department for 60 patients (35C Vstrechnaya St)
- Children’s Inpatient Department for 60 patients (82 Ordzhonikidze St )
Environmental and Occupational pathology Clinic
- Professor Olga Yu. Ustinova, Deputy Director for Healthcare Services
- Dr Konstantin P. Luzhetsky, PhD, Head of Environmental and Occupational pathology Clinic
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies is ISO 17025 certified for medical services.
The Environmental and Occupational pathology Clinic of the Federal Center provides specialized diagnostics, consultation, outpatient and inpatient healthcare to children and adults exposed to adverse environmental impacts and employees at enterprises with unfavorable hygienic and sanitary conditions. The main objective is to reduce morbidity rates and social losses caused by the development and progression of environmentally induced and occupational pathology.
1. The main directions
- Specialized consultation and diagnostic care provided to patients with environmentally determined and occupational pathologies.
- Development and implementation of new methods for early diagnostics of environmentally determined and occupational pathologies.
- Scientific substantiation of guidelines, medical and economic standards, protocols of diagnostics, treatment and prophylaxis.
- Development and implementation of advanced therapy methods.
- Improvement of guidelines for diagnostics, treatment and prevention of environmentally determined diseases.
- Development and implementation of new public and individual prophylactic measures.
- Scientific and methodological support of diagnostic and healthcare programs for patients with environmentally determined and occupational pathologies in healthcare institutions.
Scientific and methodical approaches used by the clinic professionals are based on the findings of hygiene, sanitation and clinical laboratory assessments of potential occupational and environmental health hazards as well as the determined pathogenetic and clinical mechanisms of environmentally and occupational pathologies.
2. Research and methodology
- Basic research of epidemiological and pathogenetic mechanisms of environmental and occupational pathology.
- Verification of clinical and laboratory markers of environmental and occupational pathologies which is based on data obtained by clinical, functional examinations and laboratory tests using highly accurate diagnostic equipment.
- Developing rules, standards and protocols of diagnostics and specialized out- and inpatient treatment and prophylaxis for patients with environmentally induced and occupational pathologies.
- Scientific substantiation of models for the organization of specialized healthcare services for patients exposed to adverse environmental impacts and occupational factors.
- Developing methodological guidelines and handbooks concerning diagnostics and treatment of environmental and occupational pathology for healthcare institutions.
- Scientific and methodological support of programs aimed at environmental and occupational pathology prevention carried out by healthcare institutions.
- Development of guidelines for sanitation and hygiene expert examinations.
3. Practical activities
- Outpatient and inpatient departments provide consultation, diagnostics and treatment to children and adults exposed to adverse environmental impacts and occupational factors.
- The clinic together with other healthcare institutions implements programs aimed at diagnostics and prophylaxis of environmental and occupational pathology in groups of children and staff of manufacturing enterprises.
- The clinic's experts provide methodological and informational support concerning diagnostics and treatment of environmental and occupational pathology to healthcare institutions.
- The clinic's professionals carry out environmental health research, investigations and expert examinations.
4. Main achievements
- A three-stage system of specialized healthcare services for children and working-age adults has been developed and implemented.
- Healthcare and economic standards of diagnostics, treatment and prophylaxis of environmental and occupational pathologies have been developed and approved at the regional level.
- Twenty clinical guidelines have been developed and approved at the regional and federal levels. The guidelines are focused on technologies of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of respiratory, alimentary, nervous and endocrine diseases modified by environmental and occupational factors.
- A monograph entitled "Environmentally induced gastroduodenitis in children (epidemiology, diagnostics, treatment, prevention)" has been published.
- Advanced healthcare technologies are applied to treat environmentally induced diseases. The treatment strategies are patented.
- Over 500 publications have been made including those in journals accredited by the Higher Attestation Commission.
5. Structure of the clinic
Clinical departments include:
Outpatient Department, Adult Inpatient Department, Children’s Inpatient Department, Department of Radiology, Physiotherapy Department, Admissions Office, Registration and Medical Statistics Office, Reception Desk.
The personnel consists of highly experienced clinicians: 4 Doctors of Science in Medicine, 5 PhD, 25 physicians have an advanced qualification.
Patients are offered healthcare services, i.e. diagnostics, professional consultation, treatment and prophylaxis in the fields of pediatrics, therapy, occupational pathologies, allergy and immunology, cardiology, otolaryngology, neurology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, ophthalmology, genetics, gynecology, urology, surgery, radiology, exercise therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture.
6. Diagnostic equipment
Functional diagnostics and instrumental examinations are carried out using modern, high-quality equipment:
Ultrasound, including functional methods; Electrocardiography; Cardiointerval recording; Holter monitoring of arterial tension and ECG; Bicycle ergometry with measuring heart and respiratory parameters and exhaled gases analysis; Spirography; Rhinography; Audiometry; Radiography; Plantometry; etc.
All diagnostic equipment is used as an integrated system which allows us to store a huge amount of clinical data, access the database at any moment and successively compare the results of several tests.
The Departments of Radiology and Functional Diagnostics use equipment which is unique for Perm Krai and the Russian Federation. It allows highly accurate detection of early signs of pathologies, estimation of human adaptive mechanisms, complex health status assessment in both children and adults, solution of occupational pathology issues.
- The CARDIOVIT CS-200 Ergo-Spiro (SCHILLER AG), an exercise testing system equipped with a gas analyzer, is used for complete functional testing and to assess the dynamics of heart, the respiratory and circulation system function and the metabolic activity. The system is intended to be applied in cardiology, pulmonology, sports and restorative medicine and in preventive health examinations.
- The SCHILLER MICROVIT MT-100/200 Holter system and the SCHILLER BR-120 plus, a noninvasive ambulatory blood pressure recorder, are used for monitoring body functions 24 hours a day.
- The 12/16 channel ECG device SCHILLER CARDIOVIT AT-10 plus and the SCHILLER SPIROVIT lung tester are used to perform ECG/spirographs examinations.
- The unique RhinoStream/RhinoScan computer-aided rhinomanometry module (G. Heinemann Medizintechnik GmbH) is used in the field of rhinology and allergy to perform active and passive (acoustic) anterior rhinomanometry, nasal provocation, dilatation and vasoconstriction tests.
Two modern ultrasound machines: the stationary Toshiba Aplio XG and the portable Toshiba Viamo. Those high-end systems perform advanced diagnostic algorithms and are traditionally reliable. Due to improved clinical performance and innovative software the systems facilitate the examination in terms of acquiring images of unprecedented clarity and resolution enabling users to assess the functional status of organs and body systems and executing the optimal Doppler modes of blood flow mapping and velocity measurement.
- The General Electric TMXR+ digital radiologic system equipped with Agfa CR 35-X digitizer enables high-resolution images, data processing and storage.
- The Neurosoft appliance is used to evaluate psycho- and neurophysiological and physical health and assess functional and adaptive body capabilities. The appliance is equipped with tools for physical development examination (EEG, EMG, rheovasography, ECG, cardiac intervals recording, electroretinography, acumetry and examination of auditory induced potentials).