The mission of the GIS-center is to provide methodological support for the collection, processing, mapping and analysis of space coordinate-linked data which plays a crucial role in the decision-making process within the Federal Service for Surveillance in the Sphere of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being.
The GIS-center is aimed to process data and use them efficiently to solve scientific and applied geographic problems concerning environmental inventory, analysis, modeling, environmental and population health prognosis and management.
The quality of the GIS-center services is ensured by our specialists in the sphere of GIS-technologies (ESRI ArcGIS 9.3, ArcView 3.2, MapInfo software development certificates).
The main activities:
- Visualization of data obtained by social and hygiene monitoring of ambient air;
- Integration of the obtained data using GIS for comprehensive analysis at the federal, regional and local level;
- Development, adaptation and application of methods for spatio-temporal analysis of distributed data on environmental quality and various health indicators.
The GIS-Center objectives are:
- to develop GIS-based methods and software solving analytical problems for the Federal Service for Surveillance in the Sphere of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being;
- to prepare reviews, reports and information sheets;
- to develop theme layers (GIS) containing analysis data and provide state authorities with those data.